Yoga Day 2022: The International Day of Yoga is celebrated on the 21st of June every year. The day is celebrated in order to raise awareness about the health benefits of practicing yoga. United Nations adopted the draft resolution after Prime Minister Narendra Modi proposed the idea of celebrating this day. In his speech, he mentioned “Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfilment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. It is not about exercise but to discover a sense of oneness with yourself, the world, and nature. Changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, can help in well-being. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.
21st June is one of the two longest days of the year and is called the summer solstice. The day also has some special significance in other parts of the world and so 21st June has been chosen to celebrate International Day of Yoga.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has always believed in the immense power that yoga holds, he has shared some powerful quotes over the years. And we have made a list of the same to inspire you to stay healthy and fit and to motivate you to practice yoga for your mind, body, and soul.
- Yoga is a symbol of universal aspiration for health and well-being. It is a health assurance on zero budget.
- Yoga is not only about Rog Mukti but also about Bhog Mukti. Yoga can be our cultural ambassador. We can reach out to the world through this medium.
- Yoga is not about what one will get, it is about what one can give up.
- Yoga is a philosophy of discipline and meditation that transforms the spirit and makes the individual a better person in thought, action, knowledge, and devotion.
- We are disconnected from ourselves in today’s times. Therefore, Yoga helps us in reconnecting with ourselves.
- Yoga embodies unity of mind and body, thought and action, restraint and fulfilment, harmony between man and nature, and a holistic approach to mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- Yoga guarantees wellness as well as fitness. It is not merely an exercise but a way to attain peace through physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing.
- International Yoga Day is a reflection of the largest knowledge-based peoples’ movement the world has ever seen.
- Yoga is a code to connect people with life and to reconnect mankind with nature. It expands our limited sense of self, to see our families, societies, and mankind, as extensions of ourselves.